• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • project

Discussion in 'Help, info & forum announcements' started by danielon8669, Oct 31, 2017.

1. danielon8669

danielon8669 Member

please guys, i would love to have your honest opinion on this
      in currently undergoing a project in designing a vacuum restrictor. This device is intended to prevent the hose of a vacumm cleaner from getting blocked.
      my first idea is design a new head for a vacuum cleaner with blades installed in it. This blade will help break large particles down into smaller particles before it gets sucked into the vacuum
      my second idea is to install a filter inside the head of the vacuum so that large particles don't get sucked in.
      My third design is to have have both filters and blades installed in it.
      considering health and safety implications and others, i would like to know the preferable design or any other ideas would be much appreciated

3. SenthilJPrakash

SenthilJPrakash Member

If you are putting extra filters then you power requirement would go up as you need more sucking power through the filter. If you make the inlet hole same size as the hose then you would not suck larger items which might get blocked.
      Or instead of putting a filter thinking about putting a wire mesh. This would have bigger holes which puts less strain on your suction motor while reducing the size of the particles that gets sucked in
      Hope this helps.
      Keep us posted.

4. danielon8669

danielon8669 Member

Oh, thank you very much. I never thought of that.

5. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I would think you'd need a whole lot of suction to use blades as you intend, without stuff just getting caught on them instead of being cut into pieces. Not sure it's practical.

The big question for me, as far as a filter, is how and how often you'd have to clean it.

6. danielon8669

danielon8669 Member

Thats also true in a way, because i need a high amount of energy to rotate the blades, which will use up a lot power in the process. As you pointed out earlier, particles will just get caught in it which will reduce efficiency. I guess I am going to use the wire mesh instead because it's more practical