• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Pulsatile flow regime. How?

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Sohre, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Sohre

Sohre New Member

Hey!
      I am designing an experimental investigation to see the effect of flow pulsation on heat transfer enhancement in microchannel heat sinks. In fact, I want to study the effect of pulsation frequency and pulsation amplitude. Does any of you know any available commercial product that can do the pulsation job? the media is water and wave form of the pulsation can be a sine format. pulsation frequency should be up to 70Hz and flow rate is up to 20ml/sec.
      Thank you in advance for your help.
      Sohre

3. armersj

armersj New Member

Hi Sohre,
      Have you investigated the use of the COMSOL tool? The thing is almost magical in its abilities to enable analyses of all sorts, and
      one of its specialty areas is Heat Transfer, in fact, it has a whole analysis package devoted specifically to it. My only contact is for
      out here on the East Coast, but you might give him a call and see who his counterpart is, in your area. You can tell him I
      recommended him and COMSOL:
      Tom Spirka
      COMSOL, Inc.
      1 New England Executive Park
      Suite 350
      Burlington, MA 01803
      781-273-3322
      tom@comsol.com

Best of Luck,
      Let me know how it goes,
      Regards,
      Steve

4. srdfmc

srdfmc Well-Known Member

Comsol is great, surprising easy to use, has high performances... But out of reach for many. And I am not sure there is to justify for the cost :p

(Can't believe the prices in Eu/Fr. Especially if you want to pair it with a design solution - Comsol hve to understand that to mature the market, high price means only no customer for your own clients (I hve tried - I know!)).

Regarding the Pulse transfer, there is two easy way to do it:
      Either a convolution of two different regimes (and results) at the wall
      Either by a direct and patient study of a pulse then a train... then a bigger train.... It should work.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    5. srdfmc

srdfmc Well-Known Member

This comment was obviously related to the above case study and not anyhow related to comsol!