• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Quick connector to be added to a BSP thread.

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by brads, Sep 27, 2012.

1. brads

brads Active Member

Is anybody aware of a quick connector that can be added directly on to a BSP thread creating an air tight seal?

This is to be incorporated into our production plant where we test hydraulic components. Each time we test one of the products we connect 10 hoses to pressurise the system. Each hose takes 30 secs approx. so 5 mins just to connect up the product. I want to reduce this to 1 min.

The product has 1â€BSP, 3/4â€BSP and 1/2†male connections that cannot be changed. I want a connector that can be pushed directly onto these threads without any tightening. Just like the push fit connections commonly used in plumbing, but instead of pushing onto a pipe it will push onto a BSP thread?

I have already found connectors that can be screwed onto the threads that have a quick connectors on the other ends but this is no good as the connectors themselves have to be added and removed to the product before and after testing actually slowing the process down.

Any suggestions or shall I just carry on as I am with my spanner and working overtime?

3. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

4. brads

brads Active Member

Thanks, I will check them out.