• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • recommend an affordable 2D mechanical design package?

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Ric Lightfoot, Aug 24, 2016.

1. tsutrina@gmail.com

[email protected] Member

I am also retired and started in the 70's on a board when I wanted do design parts. Then 2D cad main frame system. I believe from Boeing. And finally in 3D cad. ProE, Solid Works, UG. But I wanted a home system Granate, Creo, Master something, but I finally ended up with FreeCAD which is free. and you can export or import step and IGES. and others It is up to 16 but I am using 15 because it has a drafting module that is not great but it does work. For free I have figured out how to do much of the things I did on other systems. Clunky yes but the price is as I said free. It should work on 10. If you want better drawing take the step into the free Creo or some other package that has limited parts. Good Luck

3. Ebrahim60

Ebrahim60 New Member

I'm fan with Autodesk Products, where they have AutoCAD Mechanical for usually 2D Mechanical Drawing, and an amazing Autodesk Inventor for 3D Mechanical Design. They are very simple scan exported in various extensions and more time consuming