• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Recycling/End of Life for Carbon Fibre?

Discussion in 'Plastic moulding' started by john12, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Obashb

Obashb Member

I agree that the consumer must pay for waste remediation and recycling. However, adding it to the cost of production may result in negative product acceptance in the market. Either way, the funding by government for waste recycling is unavoidable.In any case almost all products have some tax attached to its selling price. And with the right policy I don't see why part of the revenue from tax doesn't go back to waste recovery.

3. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I'd rather have 'negative product acceptance' - eg. it never gets bought in the first place, than have millions of useless items just sat in landfill. Something like this might help people and companies consider their products more carefully.

Anyway, just an idea, I doubt it will ever happen. I do totally see your point about government funded schemes too, and also... I'm a Product Designer - I can hardly preach as I'm often the one designing all of this crap that just gets chucked away!