• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Regarding self-promotion on the forum...

Discussion in 'Help, info & forum announcements' started by mvalenti, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

Little rant... Its getting tiresome of comming on here, and checking new posts, only to find someone selling services... I thought the topics were for help and discussion and not a marketplace. It reminds me of opening a magazine to have all those little cards fall out...

My 2 cents..

-Mark

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Re: Shlepping Wares....

Agreed. The Mechanical Design Forum is first and foremost a technical resource for its members!

I will confirm the terms officially next time update the forum rules but basically this is what's acceptable and what's not acceptable:

1) it is only acceptable to self-promote within the "pop in and say hello!" forum, and this is only acceptable in a single introductory post (ie. no repeated promoting).

2) It is acceptable for anyone to use their company logo or branding in their avatar.

3) It is acceptable to use signatures to promote company or services offered. Links to company website are permitted.

4. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

Good Start! I may add, a limitation to lines on a signature if it isnt there already.

5. GarethW

Currently max signature length is 200 characters. Up to 5 hyperlinks are allowed.

6. GarethW

The self-promotion policy is now in the updated Forum Rules

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.