• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • ReWalk - robotic walking for disabled

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by bw2011, Apr 6, 2011.

1. bw2011

bw2011 Forum Manager

Just heard about ReWalk on TV, couldn't find the recent TV version, but here's a video from 2008. Amazing!

It costs £40,000 in the UK...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    3. bw2011

bw2011 Forum Manager

ReWalk exoskeleton photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The battery is the "backpack" and lasts up to 8 hours.

4. Yeah but is this more effiecent than a wheel chair? I mean I have seen these being used first hand and they are great and don't get me worng I am all for new inovations in helping immobile people walking again... but in terms of A to B i still feel that that wheel chair is more practical... however that's just my thought on the matter! :)

5. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

I see what you mean. Just for simply getting from A to B it I agree that it might be quicker / easier to use a wheelchair due to its simplicity. On the other hand, what we have here is something that allows much greater freedom to do many different things (e.g. stairs). In that respect it's far superior to the wheelchair.

6. Well we can create a whole new thread to debate this... I mean if it takes me an hour to get to the supermarket, when a wheel chair can take me like 10 minutes... well your arguement regarding freedom doesn't really work, as I would have lost 55 minutes of freedom in that day :D but in saying that lets just agree to disagree... as you can see I am new to this forum and I'm not looking to make anyone angry, or trouble... specially when it's an Admin ;)