• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Screws with captive spring washers

Discussion in 'Joining & fabrication' started by GarethW, Apr 21, 2010.

1. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Does anyone know a supplier of screws with captive spring washers? I'm looking for M2, M3 and M4 machine screws of various lengths.

I've tried TR Fastenings (you'd think if anyone would sell them it would be them... :? ) No luck there though.

If anyone has used these in the past, do you have any advice? Any idea what the cost is like? I think I heard once these kind of fixings were expensive. I always thought that the cost saving from not having to fiddle around with individual washers on the production line would be huge, but maybe I'm wrong...

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

3. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

Try ASM www.accuratescrew.com

A quick look I found metric captives screws in various head forms with flat and lock washers. Were you looking for something with a belleville disc spring?

-Mark

4. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

Mark - Thanks for the link. Looking for one with a captive spring washer - one of these babies:
      [​IMG]

5. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

Helical spring lock washer or am I missing something completely obvious? BTW, if its a helical spring lock washer, and thats all you need captive I'm sure ASM can do it or may have it.

-Mark