• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Seeking Advice on Hiring Talented Engineers

Discussion in 'General jobs discussion' started by carmen@sulontech, Jan 16, 2015.

1. carmen@sulontech

carmen@sulontech Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Carmen and I am a HR Generalist at Sulon Technologies, Inc. At Sulon, we're building an amazing device called the Cortex, which uses augmented reality and virtual reality technology to create the ultimate user experience.

To achieve our goals, we are looking to hire a team of talented engineers. Below is a list of positions we are currently recruiting for:
      Software Engineers – Graphics Driver (2 Positions)
      Lead Optical Scientist
      Embedded Software Engineer (2 Positions)
      Senior Software Engineer – Graphics Driver
      Computer Vision Engineer
      Senior Mechanical Product Design Engineer
      Senior Embedded Systems Engineer

I understand the demand for engineers are really high and so I must say the search has been a difficult one. I would really appreciate it if you can give me some advice as to how I can most effectively find suitable candidates. If you have any advice or questions, please provide your feedback! Also, feel free to contact me at cng@sulontechnologies.com

Thanks in advance :)

3. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

LinkedIn has always been a good source to obtain a wide pool of candidates. The issue comes down to building a successful network of applicants and then narrowing down the pool. Also there are a lot of other good websites to utilize but I find forums and such not successful. They are not professional style recruiting unless you have a very desired applicant market seen in the specific forum. Might be more worth while to focus on promoting the position relative to the forum like the senior mechanical engineer position in a mechanical engineer forum. That position looks as though it could be interesting for many individuals but need use a less copy and paste in multiple forum method. Just my thoughts! Hopefully some individuals here check out the job posting!

4. carmen@sulontech

carmen@sulontech Member

Hi CPPMable, thank you so much for your advice! You mentioned some good websites I can utilize to building a successful network of applicants, aside from LinkedIn, do you have any recommendations? :)

5. CPPMable

CPPMable Well-Known Member

The best method I like to use is have a good application management system on your website to screen applicants. Then use other websites such as indeed, monster, careerbuilder, and simplyhired. Yes most have decent methods to review applications but it is a pain switching between sites. What is great about these sites is how well they have SEO setup and large view counts often hard to generate and setup on your own website. My getting all the application into one system on your website you can also do comparison much easier and more efficiently.

6. carmen@sulontech

carmen@sulontech Member

Hi CPPMable, thank you again for your input! We will definitely look into it.