• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Senior Mechanical Engineer - Incell Piping Design - North West

Discussion in 'UK jobs' started by cmstanley, Dec 1, 2011.

1. cmstanley

cmstanley Member

Nov 2011

I am currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Incell Piping team for a Nuclear based Client in the North West. This position is available on CONTRACT only and the rate is £35 per hour based on a LTD company. Please see below for the full Job Description

If you or anyone else might be interested in this role, please feel free to give me a call or drop me a message for a confidential chat about this or any other role I have available.

The Senior Mechanical Engineer is principally a design delivery role from a technical perspective working across a multi-disciplined design team. The Senior Engineer is usually responsible for delivering the design within their own discipline with frequent liaison / management of engineers within the design team from other disciplines. The Senior Engineer also provides technical guidance and imparts knowledge to Lead Engineers, Design engineers, Graduates and Designers.

Duties include:
      • Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications
      • Technical report writing
      • Checking and approving design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
      • Lead/participate in Design review, safety reviews as discipline lead
      • Close liaison with client and project team to prepare technical specifications for the design
      • Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and the needs of the client
      • Management of installation, commissioning and operating documents
      • Allocation of work to other members of team in order to ensure delivery of design to quality, time and budget
      • Selection, strategy and management of work to sub-contractors
      Candidates will be degree qualified or equivalent in mechanical engineering or related subject. A full UK drivers licence is essential for this position as travelling between offices may be required.
      Candidates will be experienced within the nuclear sector and hold current SC or DV security clearance.

Technical experience will also include the following:
      • Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position within a project based environment
      • Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment are necessary for this position
      • Technical experience could be gained from but is not limited to pipes and pumps in an incell environment, vessels and piping, designing wall boxes and an understanding of PDMS
      Experience in bid preparation would be preferred although this is not essential