• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Simon Rafferty - Design Engineer

Discussion in 'Pop in and say hello!' started by Simon Rafferty, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Simon Rafferty

Simon Rafferty New Member

Jul 2013
      I run a small engineering company (Called X-Eng) in Horsham, West Sussex. It principally makes after market components for Land Rover Vehicles.

My degree (a long time ago) was in something akin to Robotics which is a nice mixture of Mechanical + Electrical Engineering + a good dose of Computers which over the years has been invaluable in being able to look at a problem from a number of different angles. An insurmountable Electronic Problem might be simple to solve Mechanically for example!

My career so far has been quite varied, starting in electronics, moving to embedded software, to software and now to mechanical design - so I'm not quite sure how I should classify myself. At the moment, 'Design Engineer' seems to be the best fit.

I'm a big fan of Solidworks! It's the first CAD system which 'thinks' in the same way as me! I first used it in 2006 - but took to it immediately and now absolutely love it! I'm even pretty good at driving it!

I'll do my best to contribute some knowledge & experience to the forum!