• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • simple hinge for linkage

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by oemodm, Apr 27, 2015.

1. oemodm

oemodm Active Member

Hi everyone,

[​IMG]

A = Simple expanding linkage, with simple formed bars which fix to the bases with brackets
      B = The formed bars need to connect/hinge in a simple way. Would like to avoid having to punch holes and bolt them.
      C = Is there a simple was to hinge these together? A bit of flexing (D) would be acceptable?
      i.e. In C, mount both inside a tube? Or crimp a something to the left one for the right one to hinge in?

Maybe some simple fasteners would do the job? Really need to improve my knowledge of fasteners.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks / simon

3. prataps925

prataps925 Member

add the 2 rings on that it will give you dof on 1rotation or 1 translation.

4. oemodm

oemodm Active Member

Any chance you could do a quick sketch of that. Finding it difficult to grasp your meaning and I'm hopeful of ideas...

5. chris m

chris m New Member

do the legs need to have the nice bend to it? if not make them straight and weld together. then you have the open end on the tubes you want attached together. just make something that pushes into the holes to pivot on.

6. oemodm

oemodm Active Member

Hi Chris. Sorry, I'm trying to follow you but don't :) If one end is welded how will the other end pivot? Either way, I'd like to avoid welding. So far a nice simple idea is to mount the end sections (C) inside a tube. But I'm searching for more simplicity since I'm a bit of a novice mechanical designer.

7. chris m

chris m New Member

8. oemodm

oemodm Active Member

9. dpongracz

dpongracz New Member

10. pierre rieuvernet

pierre rieuvernet New Member

Install two rings of rope, 8-shape them with one loop around each tube and tubes will roll one on eachother