• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Solar Powered Trickle-Charger Project

Discussion in 'Your mechanical design work' started by youngEuntepuner, Nov 13, 2018.

1. youngEuntepuner

youngEuntepuner New Member

I am a student at Golden Gate High School. I am in a business class and our business is making a solar powered car battery that would be connected in parallel to other batteries in semi-trucks. The battery would be connected to solar panels outside the vehicle and constantly trickle energy to the other batteries in the truck, preventing them from dying or going flat. However, we are having trouble with the design and asking for someone to help with it.

3. MSHOfficial

MSHOfficial Well-Known Member

That is very good project for a high school. What troubles are you having? and how can I help you with it?

4. john12

john12 Well-Known Member

I have a good friend who works developing batteries for electric cars. If you have any specific questions I can ask him.

One thing I'd be slightly concerned about is whether you get enough power to effectively charge the battery. Maybe take a quick look at the power you get per square metre (or foot!) of solar panel, the area of a truck, and the amount of power needed to charge the batteries, and see if the numbers are close!

5. ramesh

ramesh Member

Great project idea bro..!!!