• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • SolidWorks 2010 Where are the Cosmetic Threads?

Discussion in 'SolidWorks' started by Pete, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Been looking around SW'10 trying to find the thread feature. Does anyone know where they've hidden it?

Cheers,

Pete

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

I am trying to put in a cosmetic thread on a part right now. It's under insert>annotations. That took me a while to find.

A menu pops up - I put in my parameters, but nothing displays and there's nothing in the model tree!

Any advice appreciated too.

4. gupta9665

gupta9665 Well-Known Member

Go to Tools > Options > Document Properties and under Detailing make sure Cosmetic thread/ Shaded Cosmetic thread are set to show.

5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I've now at least found the cosmetic thread feature, and it appears on the model, but not in the model tree - therefore, I can't edit it once i've created it!

Gupta: I've ensured that cosmetic threads are set to show, but is there anything I (we) can do to find it in the model tree?

Cheers!

6. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Ahh, don't worry - found it.

FYI: Expand the feature you made applied the cosmetic thread to and it's a sub-feature of the feature... durh..... :roll:

7. gupta9665

gupta9665 Well-Known Member

Yes they will be under that particular feature, you just to expand that. ;) ;)