• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • some questions in solidworks

Discussion in 'SolidWorks' started by kushy, Apr 8, 2013.

1. kushy

kushy Guest

Can we insert a part into a part drawing? I said yes but my friend have some doubt.Is this right or wrong?

3. robagu

robagu Member

Dear kushy,
      I recommend to make an assembly from the parts, and save the assembly as a part if You need it. As I know you can copy features, bodies from one part to another, but the I prefer to make an assembly (and save it as a part).

4. kushy

kushy Guest

Thanks.
      What is spit line?when to use this?Please give me one example.

5. robagu

robagu Member

With split line feature you can define individual area(s) on face. I am use when I need a separate area on face, but I don't want to extrude, or cut. You can simply use to set a different color than the material itself (eg.: You want to sign the product with a red painted dot :) ), or it has a great advance when You simulate force on face (easy click and select force area on face).

6. robagu

robagu Member

With split line feature you can define individual area(s) on face. I use when I need a separate area on face, but I don't want to extrude, or cut. You can simply use to set a different color than the material itself (eg.: You want to sign the product with a red painted dot :) ), or it has a great advance when You simulate force on face (easy click and select force area on face).

7. peter42

peter42 New Member

parts in parts

sure it is possible to insert parts in parts.They require just a bit more patience than in an assembly. Also you can't use feature driven patterns.

8. dinesh siraj

dinesh siraj New Member

dinesh

With split line feature you can define individual points on face. I am use when I need a separate area on face

9. kushy

kushy Guest

Thanks all.I was confused at first but got clear idea with your example.

10. srdfmc

srdfmc Well-Known Member

If you mean inserting a view of an auxiliary part into your drawing (to depict an optional config for example), the answer is yes. Personally when part drawing, I do recommend to always add a view of the part in context, within its main assembly.

11. kushy

kushy Guest

Can we rotate an object using creep command?