• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Sports

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by matt_decat, Nov 27, 2009.

1. matt_decat

matt_decat Member

What sports do you play or follow?

Being from australia im a HUGE fan of AFL and i go for the team Carlton. They are the most successful team in the afl but over the last 10 years they have been the worst team, due to the penalties that were handed down to them for paying players outside the salary cap. Now the have argueably the best player in the competition along with a very young and exciting list so im able to watch my team start winning again!

Im also a soccer fan and follow many other sports such as rugby, cricket, motor racing etc.

I played tennis at a fairly high level and my coach happened to do some work with maria sharpova the year she won wimbleon. i also swam at a reasonably high level too.

so what teams do you follow and what sporting achievements do you have?

3. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I'm English, was born just north of Birmingham. So naturally my sport of choice is American Football............

My brother gave me hand-me-down San Francisco 49ers shirt when i was about 8, and I got a ladybird my first American football style book to go with it. Fast forward 12 years, and I started playing American Football for the Loughborough Aces at Uni, got to the Northern Conference final both years i played, and have been hooked ever since.

Was going to play for the Essex Spartans BAFL team last season, but got concussed and sprained my neck the just before the first preseason game - ended up missing the whole season! My then boss wasn't too impressed either as I had the mental capacity of a small goldfish the following day...

Am still a massive 49ers fan, and will find a way of watching the game every Sunday night! I think supporting might be a safer occupation, and would love to take up sports photography as a hobby one day.

4. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Oh puuulease! Support a proper team - if it wasn't for all of the patriots awesome players, they'd be nothing... :roll:

6. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

Looks like the St. Louis Saints were Awesomer last night.. :(

7. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

I watched 15mins of the snooker the other day, and have been known to play a game of chess every few years.

Does that count? :?

8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

That depends on if you had to stretch to warm up before lifting those heavy chess pieces!