• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Stress at Work

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Oilytrunk, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Oilytrunk

Oilytrunk Member

My husband's work as a Mechanical Engineer is consuming all of his time. Once at home, he still chooses to continue sketching his design ideas, as compared to spending his time with me and his children. Is this really normal in this line of work, or do I have to take the necessary steps to salvage his relationship with our family? Please help me understand. Thank you!

3. toastcharm

toastcharm Member

If you feel that he does not have time for you, talk to him and let him know (in a nice way). Honesty, understanding and communication is important in every relationship.

4. Oilytrunk

Oilytrunk Member

Hey @toastcharm! Thank you for your advice. I actually opened up to him last night and he told me that he understands my concern. However, it was really tough for him to open up to me about his feelings or any challenges he is facing. I recommended for us to try Regain to have a professional help us develop our communication skills in a healthy way and also serve as a mediator. He is still thinking about it. But I think that he will be open to trying it.