• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Sustainable Design

Discussion in 'SolidWorks' started by HKiwi, Nov 4, 2011.

1. HKiwi

HKiwi Member

Hello,

I am a Masters student and I am doing research on the programs used to design environmentally friendly products. I know SolidWorks has a sustainable design feature. Do you or anyone you know use this program to design personal computers?

I am trying to get in contact with designers, manufacturers, or engineers that have experience with designing environmentally friendly PCs.

Thank you.

3. ladlamalik

ladlamalik New Member

i am not experienced in Solid works but computers can be made in SW .. it will take alot of time to make th pc,,

4. HKiwi

HKiwi Member

Dear Ladlamalik,

Thank you for your reply. May you please provide more details as to why you think it will take a lot of time exactly? I'm looking at how it may be designed to be environmentally friendly with the SolidWorks sustainable design feature.

5. Amit Bahot

Amit Bahot New Member

Solidworks sustainable design tool helps you to select the material used in your product.It broadly catagories avalibilty of material with its specification & composition.Based on this technical data sheet of materials you can decide with which material you should go as per enviornmental safety norms.It also guides you the material compostion in different countries & how much it affects the enviornment after the product has been wasted.