• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Symetrical R-Clips?

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Pete, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a symmetrical R-Clip (shown), [​IMG], what they're called and where I might get them from?!

Pretty sure i'm not imagining seeing these before!!

Cheers!

3. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

HI Pete - I had a quick browse around the web over lunch, but nothing really jumped out. It's probably one of those really annoying parts that you'd think should be made by a thousand manufacturers for 1p a go, but nobody actually makes it and you end up designing it yourself! :evil:

Nevertheless, maybe am manufacturer such as this can give you a point in the right direction:
      http://www.morrissprings.co.uk/pressings.html

Good luck - and please let us know if you find something out there

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

It seems you're right, and depending on who you talk to, they can make them from about 50p to £6 (china vs UK!)... Nothing like making life a little bit more complicated!

5. cwarner7_11

cwarner7_11 Well-Known Member

I believe what you are looking for is called a "hair pin clip":

[​IMG]

6. Valmiki

Valmiki Member

Agricultural tractors use this clip a lot, look ar4ound the back on the tthree point linkage.

They are called "R" clips, and will be readily available from tractor dealers. For commercial supply they are available from companies like Vapormatic, which sell aftermarket tractor spares,

They are available in a few different sizes to cater for differing pin diameters.

Very small "R" clips are used on clevis pins on the end of cables, so a cable manufacturer or supplier may be able to point you in the right direction for smaller sizes.

7. Geoff whitfield

Geoff whitfield New Member

Hi Peter,

RS do a small range of these items, the key search word is Clevis pin, they are listed with the pins and as seperate items, sample part no is 839-268.