• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • The Trouble with Tribles (recruitment agencies)

Discussion in 'General jobs discussion' started by [email protected], Apr 14, 2010.

1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I am on LinkedIn, and the job section was useful for pointing me in the direction of a few agencies and job adverts, but all were ultimately fruitless.

I keep my profile up-to-date only as I think it's something I think one should do in this day an age, but as yet, I'm struggling to find a use for it. That said - i assume it's one of those things that the more you use it and put the networking effort in, the more you get out!

Oh and one more thing - about automated e-mails from job boards rather than agencies:

I am a Product Design Engineer; I have a degree in Industrial Design and a Masters in Design Engineering, and work as a Product Designer. I am not therefore interested in the barrage of adverts and opportunities for Graphic Designers, Electrical Engineers, System Design, or Railway Engineering!!

3. Camid

Camid Well-Known Member

You didn't mention Interior design, POS or automotive ;-)

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Just this minute had a e-mail from an agency who shall remain (**) nameless for the following position:

** Salon based in ***********, **************** is looking to recruit a new Part time Beautician to help cope with their rapidly growing business and Clientele list.

5. GarethW

GarethW Chief Clicker Staff Member

That's a good one. Is that what they're calling industrial designers these days? :D