• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • These nude airport scanners :(

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by kenny82, Jan 12, 2010.

1. kenny82

kenny82 Well-Known Member

3. keuninkske

keuninkske Member

my gues says:
      it's gona be these scanners or crashing with your plane in the future.

4. maniacal_engineer

maniacal_engineer Well-Known Member

I believe that the sure fire fix for airport security is to have the airlines issue japanese short swords to all passengers, and everyone flies naked. No one will cause a problem if he is left "twisting in the wind" so to speak, while surrounded by 100 people or more with swords. and people won't be up and down a million times going to the head.

5. shlamimo

shlamimo Active Member

2 maniacal_engineer - imagined your 100 naked samurais on the plane - LOL! :D :D :D

Here's my 5p:

There was a poll in the Guardian with 73% of respondents saying that these scanners are a scam. The comments are worth a read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... er-airport

If they cannot detect liquids and the stuff inside a "body cavity" - then their sole purpose is to show you naked. What for? This will still not stop people carrying something onboard. There is something icky (to say the least) about strangers (who could be perverts for what I know) looking at you and your children naked - isn't there? And where is the quarantee that these images are not stored/wired somewhere?

Personally, I have reservations. I think the words of Trevor Phillips, Chair of The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), sum it up well: 'National security policies are intended to protect our lives and our freedoms; but it would be the ultimate defeat if that protection destroyed our other liberties.' (http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/medi ... -measures/)

6. shlamimo

shlamimo Active Member

Here a funny take on it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    7. mvalenti

mvalenti Well-Known Member

having worked on various explosives detection equipment, all "sniffer-types" I would much have some measures in place no matter how inconvenient it is.... I also would like to see, machine gun weilding security at more US airports and air marshals on flights, pilots with guns...now your talking... The more menacing the better... Add to that profiling... Call me a racist whatever, we have become too lacks in this country, (US) and I'm sick of it.

8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Not sure guns on planes is the best option! You've only got to hit some turbulance when you pull the trigger and terrorist or no, your still going to end up in the water!