• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Ventilation for injection molding setting

Discussion in 'Plastic moulding' started by APSX LLC, Sep 26, 2017.

1. APSX LLC

APSX LLC New Member

Hi - My question is about to select the best ventilation methods for a facility where about 5 to 10 small injection molding machines set up next to each other. Those injection molding machines are APSX-PIM full automatic desktop machines and they have been using mostly PP or PC plastic pellets. Our initial ventilation system was SAS (Sentry Air Systems) SAS-400-PFS model for one APSX-PIM machine but it is not enough for more than two.
      Thanks
      Kubi Kara

3. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

I'd also love to hear an answer on this. I've been working to try to create some new products (mainly furniture) from recycled plastic, basically by melting down and re-moulding plastic, but it tends to produce some fumes unless the temperatures are exactly right.

At the moment I've basically been working outside in my backyard but I'm at the point where I'd like to be able to actually employ someone to do this process for me... but obviously I need to think about their Health and Safety if they're going to be doing this every day.