• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Viberaty bowl feeder Blueprint....

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by onlyamir007, Apr 25, 2014.

1. onlyamir007

onlyamir007 New Member

hi guys,

im working on project which is pharmaceutical machine. i have to design viberaty bowl feeder.
      if some can help me it will be great, i need blueprint of viberaty bowl feeder (size diameter 27 Inch to 30 Inch)
      any help will be great.

My product cap size:
      D = 22mm L = 23mm

Thanks.

Example:
      http://www.qrbiz.com/product/1466837/Vibratory-Bowl-Feeder.html

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Often even vibratory bowl builders don't have drawings. They're mainly made by hand with welder and hand grinder; it's almost more art than engineering.

4. onlyamir007

onlyamir007 New Member

hi,

thanks for post... is there anyway I an feed the caps without "vibratory bowl " I tried this

because of the cap size it is not working can you suggest anything or any idea please.

Thanks ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    5. Erich

Erich Well-Known Member

I will second Dana's comments. The makers of vibratory feeders are experts. They have an institutional knowledge that will take you decades to learn.

The best thing you can do for your company is to convince them that paying the experts to design the bowl for your product is the best and fastest path to a working machine. I have worked on many automation projects and not once did we consider doing the vibratory feeders in house.

They will need to have a goodly supply of your product build and debug the bowl. They will want to see parts with the maximum lot to lot variation they can get.

6. onlyamir007

onlyamir007 New Member

hi eric,

your right but only problem im facing budget we gave wrong estimate now we have to do something in house .

I tried this

not working for me because of

cap size:
      D = 22mm L = 23mm

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    7. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

If you're not an experienced bowl builder, it'll probably cost you more to build and debug it yourself. Buying the vibrator and base, choosing the right springs, then tuning it so there are no dead spots... simple in theory, not so simple in practice.

L/D close to 1 is always tricky.

We do build bowls in house, sometimes (not from scratch, usually a rework job of an old bowl no longer needed). Only one guy in our shop does it... he's a master with welder and hand grinder, and patient spending hours fiddling with them.

If you must do it in house, I suggest buying a blank bowl from Arthur G. Russell company, and buying their bowl tuning kit.