• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Water Control System

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Gustavo Woltmann, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Gustavo Woltmann

Gustavo Woltmann New Member

Hi

I am thinking of making a mobile barrier system for preventing rain water flooding my agricultural property. The design would involve using extruded sheets (100mm thick) of aluminium which are held in a frame. The completed assembly would have the sheets placed alongside each other vertically to collectively form a bigger section and this section would be slotted into the frame.

My question is the design calculation of this system. What are the design criteria that I should consider? I have considered Mass moment of inertia and torsional constant; what else do I need to consider in ensuring that the design system does not fail.

Thanks

3. ankurbanthia

ankurbanthia Member

I am not very clear of the the type of barrier you are using but I can say that there will be bending of the aluminium sheets, there will be compression of the supports at the back and there will be vibration load (as the water may come with small waves)
      Take care of the above points and do let me know in case of further queries.
      Regards,
      Ankur Banthia