• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • What are your favorite engineering quotes?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by dave.seeman, Apr 3, 2016.

1. MSHOfficial

MSHOfficial Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

"when everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." I really like this one. Its not really engineering but there is a little bit of physics there :3

also "engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems, they will create their own." this makes me think twice before I design something. Is there a problem in the previous designs, if yes! then I ask myself, is this a real problem or I am making this up. If it is a real problem, then how can I make it better, if no! then there is nothing to make better.

3. Dedeech

Dedeech Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Engineering is not merely knowing and being knowledgeable, like a walking encyclopedia; engineering is not merely analysis; engineering is not merely the possession of the capacity to get elegant solutions to non-existent engineering problems; engineering is practicing the art of the organizing forces of technological change ... Engineers operate at the interface between science and society.
      Gordon S. Brown

4. john12

john12 Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

In the military we used to say, "Close enough for Government Work"

I was thinking of this one too!

I'm not 100% sure I agree with it but that line in Interstellar about the world need needing more engineers made me think: