• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • What follows is an off-the-wall idea

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Justcurioustwo, Nov 9, 2019.

1. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Nope, not missing the point I'd draw an equivalent diagram, but I'm too lazy :)
      Here's the lazy version

-> -> -> -> -> ->O

This is the diagram of the kicks I've done, plus the new kick on the right. Speaks for itself, really.

There is the force of several kicks adding together (to the speed), while it only takes the energy of one kick to maintain the system (increase speed). At this moment, I am kicking it once, but it has the speed of 6 kicks! This is the multiplying effect.

3. Justcurioustwo

Justcurioustwo Active Member

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.
      :)-

4. Justcurioustwo

Battery storage – the future

Our future energy sources are well known.

[1] wave power

[2] wind power

[3] solar power

[4] you fill in the blank ___________

All these never-ending energy sources have one very big flaw.

The ocean sometimes goes calm and the wave power stops

The wind stops blowing & the energy from it stops too

The sun sets, clouds cover the sky & the light of the sun is blocked

Whatever you fill in online [4] is not a 24-hour source of energy. There will be dead spots in these sources

The future for us is the ability to “store” those energy sources for future needs.

That storage mechanism is the “battery”; that is our future.

If you want a piece of the pie; I strongly suggest you invest in hydrogen fuel cells.

Our cars will have a large hydrogen fuel cell under their car and when the battery needs recharging all you have to do is drive your vehicle over an exchanger, the exchanger reaches up; removes the discharged battery and replaces it with a freshly charged one. Now your off to do what you do with a 300-mile charge to get you where you want to go.

5. Justcurioustwo

I agree there is a lot of energy spent to prime the system, but once it is primed the energy needed to keep the system running is less than the output energy giving you a positive energy return,

6. s.weinberg

The energy return is only positive until a maximum of excess energy extracted equaling the priming energy.

Probably much less, practically.
      Then the energy return will be, at best, neutral. Probably quite negative, practically

7. Justcurioustwo

The lifting force is multiplied by having five (5) expanding balloons lifting “together” creating more lifting force than is needed to fil one balloon at any one moment in time. Stop the clock, take a picture, at that moment in time more energy is going out than is being added to sustain the process

[1] an enclosed container (X) of air submerged in water has a lifting force (Y) equal to the volume of the water displaced minus the weight of the container; [yes] [no]

[2] connection multiple containers one on top of the other creates a combined lifting force of (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)+ (Y)

Which is a greater lifting force than (Y); [yes] [no]

[3] the energy needed to fill one container is equal to the energy needed to sustain the combined lifting force of the 10 (ten) containers referenced above minus the energy needed to keep it running.

; [yes] [no]

Attached Files:

8. s.weinberg

Stop the clock.

How much energy have you put in to create this moment in time?
      5 balloons worth plus losses.
      How much energy do you have in the system?
      5 balloons worth.

Extract 5 balloons worth and take a new picture. How much energy is in the system. Zero.

Exactly like kicking a ball and then stopping the clock.
      Look I have kinetic energy! Ignore the kick! That was moments ago! It doesn't count. There is no kick in this moment

9. Justcurioustwo

At least the mods here have not banned me for gibberish.

On another talk board my fantasy got this response--

"You have been banned for the following reason:

No impossible machines - you still do not understand basic physics of conservation of energy.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Engineers Edge - Reference Data for Engineers | GD&T ASME Training | GD&T Training | DFM DFA Training | Engineering Supplies Store | Engineering Tools for productivity

All I can say is thank you mods for letting me talk no myself here.

10. Justcurioustwo

I have AutoCad at work. This weekend I'll try to draw up a mechanical version of your design and post it here.
      Do you mind-?

11. Justcurioustwo

I believe you are still missing the point. While you system is expending the energy to fill one balloon; five (5) are puling together at the same moment in time. So the question are asked again--
      is again;
      Are the five (5) rising balloons exerting more or less energy than it took to fill one (1) balloon-?
      At any one moment in time
      [ X } or [ N }