• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • What follows is an off-the-wall idea

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Justcurioustwo, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Justcurioustwo

Justcurioustwo Active Member

silence is overwhelming me
      later
      bye

3. Justcurioustwo

I don't believe the speed would be increasing for a very long time. I believe once a complete cycle was cycled; the speed would stabilize and not rise any higher. I believe the number of balloons and the overall depth would dictate the speed.
      still, I could be wrong.
      whats say you-?:)-

4. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

In the kicking analogy, the kinetic energy increases with each kick. If you take a snapshot at the last kick, you'd have the kinetic energy of 6 kicks, but only be putting in 1 at that moment.

Same as your balloon thing. Yes, there's 5 balloons of energy in the system. That's because you expended energy putting them there. Your snapshot in time is meaningless without taking this into account.

For a more exact comparison, push 2000 filled balloons far underwater. Let them go. Take a snapshot a moment later. I'm putting in ZERO ENERGY at this moment, and I have all this lifting force!

You can't ignore the energy you put into the system and count the energy produced, taking a snapshot in time. It just doesn't mean anything.

5. Justcurioustwo

s.weinberg, you are right on. It took me awhile to come to my senses so now my new search for an ultimate energy source is the Mid Atlantic Ridge. The energy there will sustain us for as long as we live on this planet.

There are probably gases being released that could be used in my failed bubble idea as well as a great heat source.
      Hydrothermal Vent Boiling Points
      Vent Boiling Points - Dive & Discover

Geothermal energy potential
      There is one place we haven’t taped yet that could power our electrical need for all time to come. Below are the facts and now all we must do is find a way to tap this limitless source of energy. I hope some here find the time to explore this and add new ideas on it’s potential to power our never ending need for more and more energy.

The cold seawater is heated by hot magma and reemerges to form the vents. Seawater in hydrothermal vents may reach temperatures of over 700° Fahrenheit.
      What is a hydrothermal vent?

The deep ocean is made up of horizontal layers of equal density. Much of this deep ocean water is between 0-3 degrees Celsius (32-37.5 degrees Fahrenheit)! It's really, really cold down there! There is a neat program that is measuring the temperature and salinity of ocean surface waters around the world
      Temperature of Ocean Water - Windows to the Universe

A hydrothermal vent 2,500 meters deep experiences 250 atmospheres, or 3,672.5 pounds per square inch.
      Vent Boiling Points - Dive & Discover

There is seawater at temperatures over 700° Fahrenheit right next to seawater at 32-37.5 degrees Fahrenheit under a pressure of 3,672 pounds per square inch.

Clearly there is potential energy here to be tapped as well as mineral deposits that are rich in iron, copper, zinc, and other metals.

s.weinberg, what do you think, what are we waiting for, let’s tap this energy source which will power our energy needs for all time to come?

RIDGE SMOKERS.jpg Mid Ridge2.gif

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Congratulations, s. weinberg, you won! Now to work on Paul T and his perpetual motion machines... :D

7. Justcurioustwo

I have re-run the numbers and now have a new version for you to consider--
      see attachment :)-

Attached Files:

8. Justcurioustwo

s.weinberg, you just don’t get it. This has nothing to do with kicking a ball.

Take a hollow ball with a volume of one cubic foot which has a rising force of 64 pounds when submerged in water.

Attach that ball (1) to another ball (2) with 10 feet of space in between.
      Attach ball (2) to ball (3) with 10 feet of space in between.
      Attach ball (3) to ball (4) with 10 feet of space in between.
      Attach ball (4) to ball (5) with 10 feet of space in between.
      Attach ball (5) to ball (6) with 10 feet of space in between.

Now we have six (6) balls, each containing one cubic feet of air.

64 pounds of lifting force multiplied by six (6) gives you a pulling force of 384 pounds, which is a greater lifting force than 64 pounds

9. s.weinberg

s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

Darn it! I thought I achieved one of the few feats greater than inventing a perpetual motion machine - winning an argument on the internet!

Guess not.

You're still wrong. Same reason. Nothing's changed

10. Justcurioustwo

I've changed the design, now I need a berg review

Attached Files:

11. Justcurioustwo

I wrote a computer program the allowed the user to impute values such as interest rate and value growth over time. I did this in order to compute the return on my SS tax deposits against investing this money in a bank savings account. This was a Better Basic program that allowed imputing these values. Windows no longer supports this program, so I am looking for a similar program that I can impute values in order to compute the return on my seaengine; based on different conditions and output.

Can someone here suggest such a program-?