• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Where can I buy a 2500W Boiler Pot

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by Larry767, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Larry767

Larry767 New Member

[​IMG]

I need to source some boiler pots to use to add latent heat loads to a vehicle for air conditioner performance testing. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy these somewhere? All I'm finding on the internet is kitchen appliances and none like what I need.

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Is this what you are looking for? EBAY 120984351684. Still kitchen equipment but on a larger scale like the old tea urn.

Otherwise, buy replacement kettle elements and have a suitable container fabricated?

4. brads

brads Active Member

Is it just humidity you want to add to the system?

How about ebay number 220672011266

5. Mark Stapleton

Mark Stapleton Active Member

If it on an occasional basis for a limited time span then I have a design for an aluminum clamshell with cylindrical heaters in it which will spit out steam pretty reliably, although you have to carefully control the water flow (contact me via my Web site). If you need something on a continual basis (not continuous basis) then you do need a boiler pot with a reservoir. Have you Googled for "boiler pot manufacturer" (not merely "boiler pot")? I've deal with some of those in the past and there are some manufacturers of small units. Why is it you say you need 2500 Watts? Is that the upper limit of the power you have?

6. gereksay

gereksay New Member

hi larry..
      let try search at aliexpress.com.

7. Dave B

Dave B Active Member

Larry
      An interesting question, I am not sure I know what a boiler pot is!
      I'm guessing your wanting to develop high humidity at some elevated temperature under normal pressures in a space matching the room to be refrigerated refrigeration is done by air to air exchange.
      Perhaps to simulate the heat load of a perishable fruit or food cargo load in a refrigerated truck perhaps.
      The humidity is easily produced hot or cold and heat using electric wall baseboard heaters can give a more even distributed heat input that is known. I would assume the issue is assuming the heat mass of the load and how to cool it down is a bigger problem then the air in the room.

So I can imagine a lot of different sencerios can you be more specific .

Dave

8. Larry767

Larry767 New Member

Boiler Pot.png

Sorry, for some reason I never saw any of these replies until now. I am still looking. The above image is from the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) test standard for testing the air conditioning system in a bus. Here is the text from the standard:

"Boiler pots (see Figure 2) to generate a latent heat load of 8 KW are needed. Other means of vapor generation may be used but must not disrupt the normal air circulation within the passenger compartment. Extreme care must be used to maximize the latent heat generation of these boiler pots. Therefore, it is recommended that an insulated cover be used on each pot with a hole for vapor outlet to minimize sensible heat input."

Tags: