• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Where Can I Find A Sheave / Pully Like This...?

    Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by rs14smith, Apr 14, 2022.

    1. rs14smith

      rs14smith New Member

      Apr 2022
      Likes Received:
      I came accross an interesting concept where a guy somehow inserted a small pulley in what looks like 1" PVC elbow and secured it inside the PVC with some type of plastic rod.

      The attached image is the only angle I could get of it.

      I'm not sure if it's a special 3D printed part, or if something can be found similar online.

      He uses this part underwater, so it was important to have it made out of something that will not rust.

      Does anyone know how/where I could make something like this?


      Attached Files:

    3. s.weinberg

      s.weinberg Well-Known Member EngineeringClicks Expert

      Nov 2012
      Likes Received:
      No idea, but it looks like you could simply drill a hole, insert the pulley, holding with pliers, or whatever, drive your central shaft through the hole, and then fill up the hole.
      Alternately, you could slice the elbow in half, assemble, and then PVC weld it back up.

    Share This Page

    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
      Dismiss Notice