• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • WHERE can i get C-Channel Beam for stainless steel/ aluminium dimension PLEASE

Discussion in 'The main mechanical design forum' started by elomuzzy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. elomuzzy

elomuzzy New Member

Hi All,
      1. Can someone please send me or tell me where i can get C channel Beam dimensions for stainless steel or aluminum.

2. Am using solidworks but i can not find the c-channel like this pic.
      Am designing a base that slides In and Out with bearing in the c - channel..any advise on calculation will help as well.

Thanks you all
      [​IMG]

3. vic.blackall

vic.blackall Well-Known Member

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

It's not a standard shape, though somebody might make and sell it for a special application. You don't give any dimensions so it's impossible to say.

If you need enough of it, a custom aluminum extrusion is certainly possible and quite affordable. Generally the minimum order is around 1000 lbs. of product. Or you might be able to find the appropriate size rectangular tube and cut out one side of it to get your shape.

Or perhaps you'll get lucky and these mounting channels (specific dimensional linformation here) will do.

5. elomuzzy

elomuzzy New Member

Hi Dana,

Thanks Will have look at that website. I didn't know that was not a standard [c channel)

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Industry standard C-channels have only three sides.

7. Aviator

Aviator Member

Perhaps the Halfen or UniStrut products may be suitable. Their products are available in various materials including stainless steel.

8. Gitchigumi

Gitchigumi New Member

Not sure aluminum channel is the right material choice if there is a bearing running inside the channel...

But, McMaster-Carr handles these two shapes in steel (various coatings), Aluminum and Stainless.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm sure you can find other sources and other shapes that would get the job done.